Saturday 31 August 2013

All Time Low Concert


On Wednesday (28/082013) my friend Kyroe and I headed to Brisbane's Tivoli to witness the joy that is All Time Low. We were in the mosh the whole time and it turned out to be the best concert experience I have ever had.
Jack & Alex plus the amazing moshers - My favourite photo of the night
Let's start off by saying All Time Low is one of my favourite bands. They're a pop punk band from Baltimore (although at the concert they decided they were relocating to Brisbane, little jokesters) and consist of the members Alex Gaskarth, Zachary Merrick, Rian Dawson and Jack Barakat. The are brilliant showmen in concert and I couldn't count the times they mentioned boners throughout a 2 hour performance. Trust me, they said it a lot.

Jack talking in between songs (I'm pretty sure about boners). Notice the bra collection on his mic.
The highlights of the night was them performing Therapy (one of my all time favourite songs) and Weightless, both from the album Nothing Personal. I was so unbelievably pleased they played songs from other albums (although I adore their latest album Don't Panic). Therapy is such a beautiful song and it really has helped through some hard times (yes, I'm one of those 'music has saved my life' people). Weightless's lyrics really hits home for me. The line "this may not be my weekend, but its gonna be my year" has inspired me on multiple occasions that even though i may be have a crappy day, or a crappy week, the year can still improve. I don't know if that's what they meant by the lyric, but that's what I get from it.
Jack's microphone stand. Yes, those are bras.
Another highlight was how much you could tell the band was enjoying themselves. Alex would stop singing and let the audience sing a lyric, and laugh at how well we knew the words. You could really see they still enjoyed what they were doing. I've been to other concerts where the artist literally just looked bored, and it really takes away from the excitement of the night. But these boys just kept going, they had sweat pouring down their faces and they just kept jumping and dancing around the stage.
Jack jumping in the air (source)

The mosh pit was brilliant too. I only got elbowed a few times, and everyone was just getting really into the music without being selfish or rude. It was extremely hot, but if someone was feeling dizzy or had fainted, everyone would make a path for him/her to get out. There was also a balcony above the mosh that people were watching on, but I was really pleased to be moshing. My friend and I got about 3/4 of the way to the front of the mosh, and managed to avoid the extremely tall people who were in the pit. I did not participate in any circle pits, but even the people who went in weren't too savage about it like they can become at some concerts.

Jack signing some lucky person's phone case
Jack stayed behind for about 5 minutes to sign some people's merch and phone cases. I was so close to getting my case signed, but alas, I was not lucky enough for such a blessing. It really was a lovely thing to do though, I honestly love it when band members take the time to appreciate the fans. You would never see a massive top 30 artist staying behind after a concert to sign someone's phone. Its the little things like that, that really make me love All Time Low.





I would also like to point out how massively long the line was for the concert. The venue isn't that big and I was worried we wouldn't even get in. The line photographed above was only half. I did not know All Time Low had such a massive fan base! A band called Masketta Fall were singing outside as we all lined up, and they were really talented! I had met them once before at different concert, so it was quite the coincidence that I saw them twice. The starting band Skyway were also amazing. 



Thanks for the amazing performance guys!  It was honestly my favourite concert ever. 

Jess xx

No comments:

Post a Comment